For women, the common feeling is that the quickie means the man gets some sex. Women usually take longer to even warm up to sex. It's a double-edged sword for her - she may want it but she won't likely get much out of it except frustration. This isn't the case with the "Tantric Quickie."The article goes on to describe several "Tantric quickie" scenarios, but why engage in the "Tantric quickie" anyway?
The concept of a quickie implies that there is a long version, as so there is. Tantric sexuality is often a deep, intimately extended experience that can produce waves of hot, sensual sex woven with slow, focused merging. As a couple gets more involved in the practices of breath, focus, and sustaining the high states of arousal an interesting thing happens - they both get much quicker at achieving the high states of arousal.
So the practice becomes setting aside the time for long lovemaking sessions and short, sweet ones, too. Ten minutes will do for the quickies. The suggestion is once or twice a day, and regular, like going to the gym. Put it in your schedule!
The point of a "Tantric Quickie" is to:
- Heighten your sexual energy
- Get practice at being "ready" almost immediately (especially for women)
- Train men to last longer and feel their sexual energy without expending it
- Fuel a heightened sexual tension between the two of you
- Quickly increase the level of intimacy between the two of you.
- Help raise testosterone levels in women and men who are getting a little older--Tantra.com
The larger point is that Tantra is a varied, all-encompassing practice that embraces all sorts of sexuality and spirituality. If you don't think that Tantra is for you, you may not have explored its many possibilities.