Friday, December 26, 2008

Practical Samadhi

A Living Tantra reader asks Shambhavi the following question: "I have been to the mountain top…nirvikalpa. Two and a half years ago. And since I have experienced other levels of samadhi. Yet lately I feel I am whithering on the vine. For 5 and a half years I have lived in an apartment complex that is entirely out of sync with my life, who I am. Two years ago a new neighbor moved in and since I have been falling further and further away from satya. There is such a feeling of discontent."

In his answer, Shambhavi points out:
The litmus test of any spiritual experience is what did I learn about Reality, and how am I showing up in the world now. Can I stabilize and integrate new understanding into my everyday life? This is where regular sadhana and the guidance of a teacher are crucial. Read more

No comments: