Saturday, March 10, 2018

How to Combine Tantra, Yoga, and Meditation for Sexual Empowerment

Psalm Isadora reveals how to combine Tantra, yoga, and meditation for sexual empowerment.
Question: As someone who focuses on holistic healing, I have primarily tried to heal from sexual trauma by going to hot yoga and meditating. As a multi-time sexual and physical violence survivor, I often wonder if this is the best route. I've tried experimental therapy such as EMDR and it has been unsuccessful. I want to be able to do wheel pose without being scared. I want to be able to trust my yoga teachers when they adjust me. Can you help me build trust and heal from so much violence and trauma without utilizing Western techniques?

Absolutely. Yoga and meditation are great routes to healing. I have experienced sexual trauma and suffered post-traumatic stress disorder as a result of that abuse. I also found that yoga helped me reconnect with my body, which was a very important step toward healing and sharing my body with others in a healthy way. Read more

No comments: