So, Diddy Twitters. Which comes as no surprise, since he is the most narcissistic man around. He also likes Tantric Sex, which I learned after reading his latest Twitter: Diddy is "Having tantric sex!!! I feel so much better!!! Thank you"
Diddy tends to overshare (we already know the guy likes Brazilian waxes…on himself); that I know. What I didn't know was why his new choice of sex made him feel good enough to use exclamation points. He just doesn't seem like an exclamation point kinda guy. I mean, the man doesn't smile!
So, what's the deal with Tantric sex? Read more
Saturday, February 28, 2009
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Taken from ancient Sanksrit, the word Yoni refers to vulva and womb and better describes femininity than its clinical counterpart (vagina) or its sensational pornographic variants. In a medium were photographic and/or pornographic ideals flourish, a book devoted to the Yoni can only be a positive step. Illustrator Christina Camphausen has published 49 illustrations, based on real life models who either provided pictures or allowed Christina to photograph their most intimate area, in a hardbound book titled Yoni Portraits: The Intimate Art of Christina Camphausen. Read more
Friday, February 20, 2009
When it was time for the couples’ tantric breathing exercise at my Valentine’s Day beginners white tantra workshop, I paired myself up with the woman I shared the most chemistry with. Even though we were total strangers before that night, we felt at ease in each other’s presence. To top it off, she was attractive. A new-age hottie, for sure.
We sat on the floor with knees raised, leaning back on weird chairs that supported our backs. (A couch or pile of pillows could have sufficed.) The chairs were side by side, allowing us to face each other. We were told to place our right hand on the other’s heart chakra, and our left hand on the other’s right hand, making a circuit with our arms. The way we sat enabled us to rest our right arm on the other’s bent right leg. It was quite comfortable, if you can handle having a stranger’s palm in the center of your breast.
Next, we gazed into each other’s eyes, and did tantric breathing in unison. The effect was entrancing. Read more
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Fancy hotting up and slowing down your sex life? Even if you haven't got hours to spend in the bedroom, Tantric sex may be the answer.
What is Tantric sex?
Tantric sex is an ancient Hindu practice that has been going for over 5,000 years, and means 'the weaving and expansion of energy'.
It's a slow form of sex that's said to increase intimacy and create a mind-body connection that can lead to powerful orgasms.
Tantric sex - or Tantra as it's often known - can be done by anyone interested in rebooting their sex life and finding new depth to their love-making.
If that sounds confusing think of it this way - if quickie sex is the sexual equivalent of a takeaway, tantric sex is a Michelin-starred meal, slowly and lovingly prepared and all the more delicious thanks to the wait. Read more
Saturday, February 14, 2009
I’m in between dating relationships, and sort of in a dry spell. With Valentine’s Day perhaps the suckiest day all year for a first-date or even a hookup, what’s a single dad flying solo to do this Saturday night?
A group session of White Tantra.
No, it’s not an orgy. That would be sex of the red tantra variety. This white tantra session will be about breathing in each moment, connecting on deeper levels, finding bliss, and being totally present to other horny-ass alone-on-Valentine’s singles. Read more
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Couples who share a passionate kiss this Valentine's Day will enjoy sensations of relaxation and excitement because of a complex series of chemical processes, as well as their love for their partners.
The study showed that women need more than just a kiss to experience the same chemical high as men - with additional features such as a romantic atmosphere of dimmed lights and mood music also required. Read more
Monday, February 9, 2009
It’s a Wednesday evening on the Wesleyan campus, and I’m cutting art history class to attend a workshop lead by Barbara Carellas, author of Urban Tantra, called “How to Have a Genderless Orgasm.” There’s another way to climax? Van Dyck can wait!
When I and about 40 other students enter the open space, we’re instructed to “leave our genitals at the door,” since they won’t be needed in the following exercises. I’m a little disappointed.
We all lie down on our backs with our knees bent as if we’re fully dilated and about to give birth. Then we begin the exercise (and it IS exercise): Breathe in. Tighten abs. Suck some red energy thing into our chakra. Breathe out. Repeat. Again. And again. And again. It’s intense. “Remember those squeezes!” shouts Carellas over the Enya-esque music as I tighten my abs and squeeze my pelvic muscles as if I were suddenly stopping a flow if urine. Read more
Sunday, February 1, 2009
1) Use sound. Chant “om” to stimulate more male energy (active, analytical, assertive) and “aum” for more female energy (receptive, passive, nurturing). Then chant the two sounds alternately for several minutes until you feel the sounds are merging.
2) Focus on colors. Because male energy is cool, logical blue, and female energy is emotional, passionate red, surround yourself with either color. Mentally focus on red or blue, look at an item colored red or blue, or purposefully put on red or blue clothing.
3) Move your body. To draw in more male energy, sweep your hands out from your sides over your head, into the sky. Looking up, imagine calling in the energy from the sky. For more female energy, bend down slightly and scoop the energy up from mother earth and into your heart. In a variation of this, use just the right arm to sweep the sky and the left hand to sweep the earth.
4) Single Nostril breathing. You can control the balance of your male or female energy by choosing which nostril to block or open. To stimulate more male energy, block your left nostril and breathe only through your right nostril. To stimulate more feminine energ, block your right nostril and breathe through your left nostril. You can also turn your head to the left to be more into your male energy. This assists in breathing through your right nostril. Turn to the right to activate more female energy.
5) Alternate nostril breathing. Put your right index finger on your third eye and rest your thumb and middle finger on your nostrils. Exhale forcefully and then close one nostril with your finger and inhale through the other nostril to the count of seven. Then close that nostril while releasing the other nostril and breathe through the open nostril to the count of seven. Without pausing, continue alternately closing and opening the nostrils as you breathe.
As long as you resist being your natural, balanced self, you will not attract harmonious, long- lasting, or healthy relationships. Once you become true to yourself, you automatically attract the right person to you. You can access and balance own unique vibration of energy to reveal
your innate power and beauty within to attract the type of relationships you desire.
Learn Tantra at home! Now you. too, can learn the ancient and secret Tantric practices for improved health and better sexual performance! Click here!